Now is the Time to Plan Your Holiday Marketing
The holiday season is just around the corner. For many home inspectors it’s the least busy time of the year. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t be top of mind with clients and real estate professionals.
8 Holiday Marketing Ideas for Home Inspectors
Shift your marketing focus from selling inspections to client appreciation.
- Create a pop-up on your website with a New Years greeting. Don’t forget to stop it on January 2.
- Use Google Ads or Facebook ads? Send visitors to a holiday greeting from your business.
- Send a holiday greeting to past clients who haven’t left a review. Ask them to give you a review in the spirit of holiday giving.
- Offer a free gift card for anyone who refers a friend throughout the holiday season. Use a small gift like a prepaid card.
- A free gift for anyone scheduling an inspection for a limited time, like the month of December.
- Run a festive giveaway for the holiday season, like a tool bag with hand tools inside or a breakfast gift basket. Encourage entrants to share for more chances to win. Check out sweepstakes software providers here.
- Go live on Facebook or YouTube with holiday safety tips. If you are shy about going live, create a holiday themed video and then upload it on YouTube and your website.
- Celebrate the home in your marketing. It’s the place where your clients spend holiday time. A safe, secure home is your bread and butter. Emphasize how home inspections create a healthy home environment.
Plan your marketing now. Set up your advertising campaigns now for future dates. Then you can sit back and enjoy the holidays.
Plan for Marketing Sensitivity
While you plan your good will holiday campaigns, stay aware of your community. You can respect your tradition while respecting diverse traditions in your community.
Respecting the diversity of your community is high on everyone’s mind this year. You may choose to use a phrase like Happy Holidays rather than a Christmas message.
You know your clients best. Tailor your holiday greetings to them. Happy Holidays isn’t new. The greeting appeared in advertisements as far back as the 1950s. At that time, the greeting didn’t create controversy. You’ll reach your client base and spread good cheer.
Holiday marketing builds brand awareness. When people start thinking again about buying and selling property, your business will come first to mind. People will associate your home inspection business with kind and warm feelings. Positivity makes for strong marketing. People remember good feelings.
Whether you or your customers celebrate the same holidays or not, a heartfelt wish for them to have the best holiday possible can go a long way and even result in an equally positive response.
Published in the American Society of Home Inspectors ASHI Reporter, October 2020 issue.